Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Art Room-- A Blog to Check Out

"Children At the Beach", Joaquin Sorolla

Every now and then, I stumble upon a wonderful blog that I think you might like to know about.  Have you heard about The Art Room?  It's written by Taryn Day, a fantastic artist and friend of mine through Daily Paintworks.  Every month, Taryn chooses a theme and then posts work by artists both living and from the past who have noteworthy work in that area.  

This month, Taryn is exploring the art of the nude, and I sent her a few of my favorite Joaquin Sorolla paintings of children playing on the beach.  I've learned about so many new artists from her site, I thought you might like to drop in and see what's new also.  Taryn also conducts very lengthy interviews with contemporary artists about their work and motivation.  It's just fascinating!  I hope you enjoy your visit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment