Thursday, November 15, 2018

That's Just Peachy

"That's Just Peachy", oil on panel, 14x11"
Mary Williams Fine Art

I enjoy experimenting with different painting styles.  Sometimes I feel that the subject calls for control and quiet colors, and sometimes I like to go a little crazy, as I did with this latest piece.  I started with a bright green underpainting, and I tried to let it peek through in the final version.  I think that these little hits of bright color give the painting a bit of excitement.  Using as few brush strokes as possible, I laid on the paint thickly and quickly.  You can probably tell that the peaches in the back were built up and destroyed a few times.  This softened their edges and pushed them into the back, and yet they still have a feeling of energy.

This painting is in the Mary Williams Fine Art Gallery in Boulder, Colorado.  I'm so happy to have a relationship with Mary and her beautiful gallery.  

2 comments: