Monday, May 4, 2020

Steamboat Snow


11" x 14", Oil on Panel

How many weeks have we been under this "shelter in place" order?  I've honestly lost track.  I do know that it's necessary to find some means of escape- if only in my mind.  I love going back through my photos and finding great memories, especially of the outdoors!  As I painted this one, I thought about how the air felt that day (bracingly cold), and how the snow crunched underfoot.



I have to admit that even in this very difficult and sometimes scary time, there have been some silver linings.  Perhaps you've found a few too?  I'd love to hear about them.  John snapped this photo of me (I had no idea- look at that concentration!) on our pandemic walk in the neighborhood.  Note the facemask and my Lockdown Locks of untouched hair! 

I hope you are well my dear friends. Let's keep looking for those silver linings.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, beautiful painting, I love your work so much! My silver lining has been increased time spent FaceTiming with our long distance grandchildren and children. We are retired and have followed all the guidelines, but realize we are blessed because our income is fixed and not in jeopardy. I have still been painting a little and find I like doing simpler are like craft projects. Back to the 80’s🙂

    ReplyDelete