Monday, October 17, 2011

Aspens in the Snow, 8x10" (Sold)

This past weekend was Parents' Weekend at both boys' schools in Colorado, so I left a few days early to paint in the Oil Painters of America's Paint Out in Woodland Park, near Pikes Peak.  The Aspens were in full color, and I was in heaven.  This being my first "away" paint out, I wasn't very well prepared!  I sat on my suitcase and balanced my painting on my knees while the wind whipped all around me.  The landscape moved me so much that I lost myself in my painting and didn't realize that I came pretty close to hypothermia one blustery morning...

Next time, I'll be ready!  Fingerless gloves are a must-- as is my easel.  I can't wait to go again!

To bid on this painting, click on Ann Feldman Aspens in the Snow.

1 comment:

  1. You caught the Rockies. I live in the Springs...where do your boys go to school?

    ReplyDelete