Thursday, June 7, 2012

Demo at Hoffman Estates

I visited my friends at the Hoffman Estates Art League recently to put on a demo on Impressionist painting techniques.  I took a traditional painting and re-worked it impressionistically.  Here is the result after two hours of intense talking and painting.  We discussed drawing, edges, and broken color, just to name a few things.  This was painted using thick paint and flat brushes, switching to a palette knife at the very end.

And here's a little announcement:  I've posted some favorite paintings as notecards for sale.  If you would be interested, please click here.

Thank you for your interest in my art!

6 comments:

  1. As someone who supposedly paints "impressionistically," I've only recently really became aware of broken color. It's given me new respect for the Impressionists. I very much like the broken color I see in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely works Ann...enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your BCAC demo later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as this came up at DPW I saw that ball of "Ann Feldman" red and said...I know who did this painting.
    I would have loved to be in the audience to hear how you go about painting.....lucky lucky group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely ! Beautifully painted !!!

    ReplyDelete