Monday, August 19, 2013

"Floral Fantasy in Pink and Green", 16x12"



Well, I guess this is "Das Vee Danya!"  I leave in just under a week to travel to Russia with my mother for a celebratory birthday.  We will be in St Petersburg, where we hope to soak up as much art and culture as we possibly can while we are there.  I have attempted to learn a bit of the language-- to practically no avail.  Mostly what I can say in Russian amounts to:  I don't speak any Russian.  I am American.  Which will come as no surprise whatsoever to anyone who speaks to me!

But I am loading up my cameras, expecting to take tons of photos which I hope will become the basis for  future paintings.  Or I may freeze altogether in the presence of such grandeur.  We will see.  Either way, it will be an unforgettable experience, and I can hardly wait.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll have a smashing good time; I'm definitely envious!
    Your last two florals just shimmer with life and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous floral, Ann. I went to Russia with my mother in 2004. We took the Transcontinental Railway from Moscow to Vladivostok...over 9,000 miles in 19 days! It was a British tour but all the servers on the train were Russian. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed talking with our Russian guides who all spoke English. We stopped at all different cities along the way and saw the change from European Russia in the Western part to the "Asian" Russia as we went across through Southern Siberia. I know you will love the Museums and Summer and Winter Palaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a fabulous trip, Gloria! You are such an adventurer :) I'd love to hear more about your experience on the Transcontinental Railway-- a once in a lifetime experience to be sure!

      Delete
  3. Have a fun trip, Ann!
    This is an awesome floral..It's a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your return and reading about the highlights.
    The colors in this painting are amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete