Friday, November 1, 2013

"Red Scarf", 12x16"


The last session of my portrait class at Mainstreet was last Monday.  We spent six weeks together, going over the fundamentals of portrait drawing and painting.  We started out drawing portraits in charcoal, and then progressed to painting with a limited palette of colors.  The painting above was painted with Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Red Medium, and Cadmium Yellow Pale--  that was it!  So interesting to see how many colors can be made using just the three "primaries".

We ended the session with a live model sitting.  Nerves gave way to intense concentration, and some wonderful paintings were produced!  I was so proud of my class!!!

For purchase information, please click on Ann Feldman Red Scarf.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the color in this one. I can't believe it was a limited palette! Beautiful! That scarf is singing!

    ReplyDelete