Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Deepa/Palette Knife Portrait", 12x16" And Some Upcoming Events


A few weeks ago, I painted Deepa using only one color (Burnt Sienna).  I brought this painting home and decided to add color to it using a palette knife.  Using the underpainting as my guide, I covered the painting again in thick color.  The process was made easier since my values (darks and lights) and my drawing were already worked out.  It was a bit like putting pieces of a puzzle together, and it was actually pretty fun!






I'll be teaching this method at the Northlight Studio in Arlington Heights IL this coming March 6th.  In other news, I'll be giving a demonstration on Painting Impressionistically for the North Area Arts League on March 3rd at the Woodstock Opera House at 7pm.  Admission is free!  I hope you can be there.

2 comments:

  1. The results of the palette knife painting over top of the values sketch turned out quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Minecraft azines flexibility and close to endless possibility as well as possibilities is what makes it so great, plus it seems like farmville will have that same sense of freedom. My partner and i michael very looking towards it. ReplyYou ng most likely been aware of Dungeons Dragons, the particular innovative, long-running role-playing game that s presently introducing it's 6th release. This is belonging to Magicians of the Shoreline.Dozens of game titles includingBaldur azines Gate and Neverwinter Times have used the particular D D guideline arranged and also folklore, and much more recently, re-writing out of and also creating off of Deb N utes adjusted 3rd edition is an additional, comparable role-playing name that's bolstering in this area as well as expanding in to game titles.
    Cheap WOW Gold

    ReplyDelete