Tuesday, June 20, 2017

"Abundance", 16x20"



I bought a small bunch of peonies from a farm stand last week, brought them home and put them in water.  The next morning, they had exploded into the most beautiful blooms you could imagine.  I couldn't let another minute go by without painting them, so I whisked them up to my studio and put them under lights.  They remained glorious for days while I labored away, trying to capture their beauty without overdoing the details.

After scraping my painting away three times, this is the iteration I was most happy with.  I hope you like it too.


2 comments:

  1. A fabulous painting, luscious and subtle at the same time .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. The scraping helped, I am sure, to give the wonderful layering effect and lost edges. It makes my heart beat faster when I see work like this.

    ReplyDelete