Thursday, June 14, 2018

An Endless Fascination

 "Jeannette", 9x11", oil on Raymar Linen

Last night, I painted with my regular portrait group at Bill's house.  Jeannette tucked a red rose behind her ear, which gave our paintings just the right pop of color.  My painting is unfinished and has lots of little drawing errors that I would love to attack, but for now, I'm enjoying the spontaneous feel of it.  I may even leave it like it is.


Here we are in Bill's studio.  Jeannette was wearing a fabulous turquoise blouse that I didn't have time to get to. Bill chose this color combination because the red and blue were positively vibrating against one another.


The other day,  I was going through some old paintings stacked in my studio, and I came upon this one.  It is my very first portrait painted in oil, oh so many years ago!  Miles of canvas later, I'm still enjoying painting people from life.  In fact, nothing gives me more joy than capturing someone in art.  I have no idea why I'm constantly driven to do so, but I'm still loving the journey and the endless challenge.

2 comments:


  1. I love to learn new thing, this was great!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Looking forward to read more! Freebitco http://bit.ly/2KlX50P

    ReplyDelete