Monday, November 28, 2011

Tarts for Thiebaud, 10x8"

Tarts for Thiebaud, Ann Feldman


I can never just walk by a painting by Wayne Thiebaud.  I find myself stopping and staring at his paintings of pastries, all lined up like a row of soldiers, and I ask myself, what is it about this painting that I find so intriguing?  The pastries are displayed like icons, and they are imposing without being threatening.  They are tilted toward us invitingly.  The shapes and shadows are painted simply, but with extremely complex color shifts.  Thiebaud is pop art, contemporary art, impressionism, and realism all rolled into one.  He can't be defined, and perhaps that's why I find him so mesmerizing.

To bid on this painting, please click on Ann Feldman Tarts for Thiebaud.


Wayne Thiebaud, Four Cupcakes, 1971

2 comments:

  1. Thiebaud is one of my favorite artists. Great job with the tarts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have successfully captured his captivating style, Ann! This little painting will certainly hold one's gaze.

    ReplyDelete