Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Don't Fence Me In", 10x8"


This painting was done from a photograph on a wonderful website called Lee A Brown Photography.  Lee Brown is a professional photographer who shares his work with us and invites us to paint using his references.  This piece is from Telluride, and is this month's painting challenge.  You should check this website out!

I painted this landscape upside down.  No, I wasn't upside down, but I flipped the reference over and painted the entire thing without looking at it right side up.  This is the result.  I challenged my Impressionism students to try their hands at it, and we were all amazed at how quickly and loosely they covered their canvases.

I may never paint a landscape right side up again!  I may have a small problem when I paint outdoors.  Time to sign up for yoga!

For purchase information, please click on Ann Feldman Fences.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful painting and as different as can be from the still life. I like them both!

    ReplyDelete