Sunday, September 25, 2011

Illinois Sunflowers, 5x5"

Sunflowers are everywhere in our area right now-- profusions of them!  During a walk in a field, I came upon a huge branch of them hanging over my path.  I could look up into them at the sky above.  I toned a board with hot pink (pthalo red rose) and layered color on top with a palette knife. Sometimes starting a painting with an unexpected color can give a painting extra vibrancy.

If you would like to bid on this painting, please click on Ann Feldman Illinois Sunflowers.

2 comments:

  1. Ann, Thanks for the challenge at DPW. I haven't entered yet but am on the lookout for something to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I'm so happy to have visited your blog- you are a really good painter! This painting is stunning! Your portraits are so strong too- everything looks good.

    ReplyDelete